Who We Are
The ACCESS team brings together knowledge, skill, experience and a commitment to excellence in service provision. We specialise in case management and multi-disciplinary neurological rehabilitation for adults and children with brain injury and spinal cord injury.
Our Rehabilitation Programs
Our comprehensive rehabilitation programs are delivered by experienced, skilled health professionals who have specialised in the field for many years.
All programs can be offered in the community setting or in our consulting rooms at Hurlstone Park.
• Functional cognitive assessment and intervention, including study skills assistance, Attention Process Training, memory retraining, strategy and functional activity retraining programs.
• Assessment and intervention for cognitive communication disorders
• Neurological Physiotherapy assessment and intervention
• Assessment and retraining of daily living skills, including home modifications, compensatory aids and equipment prescription if indicated
• OT Driving Assessment and Remediation Programs with specialised driving instructors
• Social Work to help individuals with complex disabilities to adjust to changed life roles
• Education and support for families, who may be new to a caregiver role
• FIM and WeeFIM Accredited assessments (including eligibility assessments for iCare and Workers Care)
• Approved Care Needs Panel Assessors to conduct comprehensive Care Needs Assessment and Review for adult and paediatric participants of iCare
Most of one's succes will be the direct result of the quality of the relationshp you have with the people with whom you are working.
The best conceived approaches will FAIL if there is a poor relationship between the people who are paid and the people they serve.