Our Physiotherapists have extensive experience in rehabilitation following traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury. We specialise in treating people with movement disorders including poor balance and coordination, muscle weakness, muscle spasms, tremors, spasticity and decreased sensation. We provide individual assessment and therapy for children and adults including:
- Assessment and retraining of home and community mobility.
- Mobility equipment prescriptions and training
- Gait retraining including relearning to run
- Serial casting and splinting for muscle length maintenance including working with Spasticity Management Services to maximise gains from Botulinum toxin(Botox) injections.
- Establishment of home, gym and hydrotherapy programs to upgrade and maintain physical function
- Education and training of families and carers regarding safe mobility, transfers and community participation.